What To Wear To A Photoshoot: Maternity Edition
So you've booked the photo shoot for your maternity session and now you're wondering, "What on earth am I going to wear?" Never fear! I've compiled a few tips that will help you in your search for the perfect outfit.
- Decide what "look" you want to have first, and work from there. Make sure your outfits coordinate with your surroundings. Do you want a "mother earth" feel with with free-flowing long dresses or a "sassy momma" feel with skinny jeans and heels?
- Wear what's comfortable. Chances are, since you're pregnant, you're already uncomfortable enough, so why add to that with restricting clothing or shoes that hurt your swollen feet? If you're uncomfortable, it will show in your facial expressions and posture.
- Buy a new outfit for your photos!Everyone always feels a little more special when they have a new top on or jeans that haven't been stretched out yet. You don't have to spend a fortune either! There are a lot of lower-cost options for fashionable maternity clothes without having to scavenge through the clearance rack at a pricey boutique. Check out Old Navy Maternity and Motherhood Maternity for a few examples.
- The idea of the maternity shoot is all about the belly, so embrace it! Find tops and dresses and accentuate you mid-section. After all, when else in your life will you want to accentuate your belly? High-waisted dresses, curve-hugging sweaters, and tops with ties above the belly all work well. Wrap-dresses and skinny jeans can also show off that belly while making you feel sexier.
- Accessorize. Wearing different textures or statement jewelry pieces can make you go from ho-hum to va-voom!
- Don't forget about your hair and make-up. I know if you're like I was when I was pregnant, you didn't feel like getting yourself all dolled up, but you'll want to do it anyway. Heck, you could even pay a professional to get your hair or make-up done. Why not? It's pretty much guaranteed that if you do, you'll get a little boost in confidence - which always comes out in your photos.
Here's some examples of moms who knew how to rock it!